Our mission is to share the HOPE of Jesus Christ through holistic care and global ministries that heal, equip, and strengthen anyone impacted by mental illness.
SFSG provides practical in-person and web-based trainings to assist 1) individuals living with mental illness, 2) families and loved one’s of individuals/communities struggling with mental illness and 3) Christian leaders or laypersons; this latter category may include church leaders, school/college personnel, community leaders, professionals who may be in a position of influence or ministry, frontline staff, volunteers or other laypersons. These uniquely developed trainings are a hallmark of our ministries. Healing refers to ministries of support, basic helping skills, the role of counseling/scopes of practice and the role of prayer. This aspect of training will be informed by best practices and personal experiences of people who have successfully moved through recovery. Equipping refers to the educational part of SFSG, backed by the latest research, local and/or culturally competent trends in behavioral health. Strengthening relates to resilience and Biblical truths; change can happen when somebody (both individuals and families/community) finds hope and strength to continue.
Three definitive outcomes will come as a result of SFSG’s unique web-based training:
- They will build skill sets needed to promote and/or move through recovery.
- They will provide a framework by which churches, schools and/or Christian leaders can compassionately and appropriately respond to individuals and communities impacted by mental illness.
- They will help people identify and deconstruct the many cultural assumptions related to mental illness and introduce a holistic model of care.
The vision of SFSG is to see God’s timeless truths replace messages of culture. God’s truths lead to resilience and a path to renewed life for anyone who has been impacted by mental illness.
Saving Face: What Culture Says…
- It is shameful to have a mental illness
- You are your illness There is hope and power in self-help
- There is hope and power in self-help
- You are rejected and therefore an outcast
- You are labeled and judged due to of stigma
Saving Grace: What God Says…
- There is no condemnation for anyone who is in Jesus Christ!
- You are my beloved child!
- There is hope and power in Jesus Christ!
- You are accepted and therefore part of my family!
- You are significant & have value, you have a purpose!
CHRIST – We place Christ at the center of all we do. We seek Him first, so that we can love through our actions and in truth.
SERVICE – We value serving the worldwide church, the body of Christ, by treating people with dignity and respect, sharing hope, and equipping leaders toward effective helping strategies.
OUTREACH – We value research and biblical scholarship as tools to extending our mission and reach.
EXCELLENCE – We value excellence in programs, advocacy, social justice, and empowerment of underrepresented individuals, groups, and communities.